Depression is when you experience prolonged feelings of feeling low, or numb and disconnected from life. Often times, people have no idea why they are feeling this way but have no idea how to change their feelings. It is said that up to 50% of people that are feeling this way will have symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety is feelings of uneasiness and extreme worry.
- Are you at a point in your life, where you find life so unhappy and your anxieties are at an all-time high?
- You want life to be happier, but you don’t know where to begin.
- Life feels empty and you have lost that sense of connection with self and others.
- Everyday feels like Groundhog Day
- You feel like you are on the outside looking in on your life.
- Your thoughts are beginning to feel consumed with dark and unhappy thoughts.
- What was once easy in life, now brings up feelings of anxiousness.
- You feel like the odd one out in all social situations.
- Sometimes you feel like you are just putting on a happy smile, but you feel like this is becoming so hard.
Anxiety is a feeling of nervousness, unease, or worry that typically occurs in the absence of an imminent threat. It differs from fear, which is the body’s natural response to immediate danger.
Anxiety is part of the body’s natural reaction to stress, so it can be helpful at times, making you more alert and ready for action.
Anxiety disorders and normal feelings of anxiousness are two different things. Many of us get anxious when faced with particular situations we find stressful, but if those feelings don’t subside, the anxiety could be more chronic. When feelings of fear or nervousness become excessive, difficult to control, or interfere with daily life, an anxiety disorder may be present.
Make an appointment today and let us work towards a better, brighter and much happier you. These appointments can be conducted via Zoom, phone, or face to face at my practice in Mudgeeraba, QLD.