Here we are fully embracing a new year, 2023.
At the end of each year, it is a habit of mine to sit and reflect on all that has happened in year gone by.
– Contemplation of where I want my life to go, personally as well as
– Set goals and make plans.
– Reflect on which way I would like to work on myself for further personal
In my opinion, I feel we have come to understand, through a series of worldwide events over the past few years, that we can never take anything for granted, nothing stands still and anything can be taken away from us in a heartbeat.
This instills a sense of fear and fear can make us change, or it can do the opposite, too scared to make any changes.
In 2023, I will admit, I made not one, but a series of wrong business decisions. I put my trust and finances into a number of companies whom I was adamant would help me to expand my business and my desire to help others. To my disappointment, instead it cost me:
❌ Lost time
❌ Much stress
❌ Wasted finances
I became negative in my thinking that the online world was a “cesspool” of people promising the earth, taking your money and delivering nothing! Why I wondered was I attracting this, where was my belief system attracting this, when I have always been highly successful for many years in face to face counselling? I have always trusted people at face value, I had always trusted my intuition in business relationships, believing that “like attracts like” in attracting only people of integrity and who were trustworthy like myself. How wrong was I!
I decided to have a break from social media and reassess where I am heading.
I have learnt:
– A great deal about the abilities I have, which I gave money to others, doubting
myself when I already had the skills.
– To listen more to my intuition (the red flags were there, I just wasn’t listening c
– To put myself and my own needs first, knowing this isn’t selfish.
– To set firm, clear boundaries.
– To enjoy the ride and not let stress get the better of me.
– Create work/life balance.
Wishing you all much love and happiness for the year ahead. We have got this!